Suggestions for fun in the sun as Summer shines on
By Kelly Hockenberry, Columnist, The Times
1. COOLA: Being a redhead, I fancy myself an expert when it comes to sunscreen. This brand is organic, smells great and is ultra sheer! I got mine at Houppette in Greenville.
2. Fun summer #DIY: Serving trays can be very pricey. I found this do-it-yourself on Pinterest and it seems relatively simple. I plan on painting mine and monogramming it (surprised?). Click here for instructions:http://bit.ly/1j8sKU8
3. Sally Hershberger Keratin Spray: I picked this up at CVS last week and it is the answer to my summer hair care issues! It’s a light-weight conditioning spray that tames frizz, softens dry hair and protects against heat damage from blow drying and flat-ironing. You need to try it and thank me later.
4. Talenti gelato: This is heaven in a little, plastic container. My favorite flavor is the Sea Salt Caramel. I have been known to buy it, hide it from my family in the recesses of the freezer and consume it within 24 hours. Not ashamed.
5. Walmart beach towels: My children have the uncanny ability to lose a beach towel moments after usage. Therefore, something expensive is out of the question.I love these cheerful, brightly colored options for less than 6 DOLLARS at Walmart. Just bought three the other day…should last us through July (I hope).
6. La Croix seltzer: Fizzy water with fruit (especially lemons, limes and peaches) and tons of ice is my go-to summer drink. It is also delicious mixed with a little Pinot Grigio, fyi…
Happy Holiday Weekend!