Issues with heating system send students to Unionville HS
EAST MARLBOROUGH — Patton Middle School was temporarily evacuated Thursday morning due to fumes coming from the buildings heating and ventilation system.
The school’s students were moved across the parking lot to the Unionville High School Auditorium, while maintenance workers attempted to fix the issue. School officials say that the problem has been been fixed and that as of Thursday morning, they are waiting for the fumes to clear the building before allowing students back in, which was expected to take an hour or two.
Staff continues to man the phones, so parents can check the status of their children. The district expects to announce when the building has been reopened.