Maybe another year wiser, but no shortage of milestones
By Kelly Hockenberry, Columnist, The Times
I stumbled across this blog post from “A Pretty Penny” (http://bit.ly/OLTMTd) about “taking stock” of things. I thought it was a clever and appropriate way to take a step back and really check in on life. Remember filling out baby books about what our children were doing at a certain age? This is a spin on that concept.
Here are MY answers. What are yours?
• MAKING: reservations! I close the kitchen on my birthday! Can’t decide where to go. Any suggestions?
• DRINKING: lately I have become addicted to flavored seltzer water with sliced oranges or lemons (and lots of ice). Does this make me sound boring? Because, I really am a whole lotta fun, I promise!
• READING: “Me Before You” by JoJo Moyes. LOVE it. But, I can tell already it will be a tear-jerker.
• WANTING: a new pair of running shoes. I always wear Nike and I’m thinking “pink” for Spring.
• LOOKING: for a better way to manage my time/schedule. I’m tired of feeling frazzled.
• WASTING: hours of my life addicted to BRAVO. Why do I watch the same episode of Real Housewives over & over? Anyone?
• WISHING: that I didn’t obsess over looking younger. I really want to learn how to embrace my age and the changes that come with it. This is HARD!
• ENJOYING: watching my kids grow and mature. They drive me crazy but I can’t imagine life without them.
• WONDERING: if warm weather will EVER get here! Can’t wait to put the winter clothes AWAY.
• LOVING: breakfast dates with my husband. It is the perfect time of day to sit together and relax while the kids are still at home snoozing.
• NEEDING: a pedicure! I will be making an appointment at Polished, ASAP!
• WEARING: my new coral colored shoes from Ashley Austin. Loving the PERFECT pop of color!
• NOTICING: that my new “lighter, brighter” hair color really may be hiding those grey hairs after all!
• FEELING: happy that I get the opportunity to write this article every week