Natural Lands Trust recently announced the launch of its new mobile app, ExploreNLT. The free app includes interactive trail maps, activities, events listings, and easy sharing of photos to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Natural Lands Trust’s goals when designing the app were to help introduce new audiences to the organization’s network of nature preserves, provide a more educational and interactive visitor experience, encourage more visitors to become supporters, and help their land stewardship manage our properties more effectively through visitor feedback.
“Smartphones are becoming the tool people turn to most to discover new places and plan recreational experiences,” noted Oliver Bass, Natural Lands Trust’s vice president of communications and engagement. “By making our preserves easy to find and explore, mobile technology has tremendous potential to help us reach more people and enhance understanding of our region’s natural resources.”
Key features of ExploreNLT include:
• Google Maps-integrated trail imagery so users can plan and track their exploration of the preserves’ trails
• Easy photo sharing to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
• Up-to-date information on special events, guided hikes, and more
• GPS-enabled addresses to help users navigate easily to the nature preserve destinations
• Descriptions of each nature preserve along with not-to-be-missed features, special plants, and native wildlife
• Local weather to help users plan accordingly
• Preserve “etiquette”
• E-news signup so users can stay connected to Natural Lands Trust after their visit
• No need for 3G/4G or Wi-Fi access
The ExploreNLT app is available for free download at the Apple App Store now, and will be available at Google Play Market on July 10, 2014.
ExploreNLT was made possible by generous support from the Claneil Foundation and Dolfinger-McMahon Foundation, and developed in partnership with The Trustees of Reservations..