Some great ideas for those Mothers’ Day gifts
By Kelly Hockenberry, Columnist, The Times
1. If you are crafty, I love the idea of doing a monogram canvas frame project! I found this example on Pinterest (what did we ever do before this website?) If you are hesitant to freehand the initials, you can always purchase a stencil at Michael’s Craft Store and achieve the same look.
2. Another cute DIY is this decorated planter! Buy some puffy paint and get creative! Simple! A bouquet of flowers dies too soon…this is a better alternative. Don’t you agree?
3. Does Mom have a million great pictures on Instagram? Turn them into magnets or iPhone covers with Sticky 9 (formerly called StickyGram)! Click here to view their website: http://bit.ly/1s26CLo
4. New (adorable) pj’s for Spring! What Mom wouldn’t love these? Found them online at Target for $15.99! Can’t beat that! Click here: http://tgt.biz/1lL35PA
5. Initial charm necklaces are always a nice Mother’s Day present. But, if she already has one, this “love” bracelet from C Wonder is a sweet, daily reminder that would stack nicely next to a watch! Click here: http://bit.ly/Q0IBGc
6. Candles (in my opinion) are always a sure bet. I like the variety at Anthropologie and the fabulous packaging is a plus! These “just picked” tins smell delicious! I am partial to the lemon. Click here: http://anthrpl.ge/1q0Ki7i
Well, there you have it! Lots of fantastic ideas and a whole week to shop for them! Make Mom proud!